EPD Development Program
Global GreenTag operates an ISO compliant Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) Program.
The reporting of its LCA studies is issued as an ISO 14025 compliant EPD. These summary LCA reports where requested or relevant to local scheme requirements, can also be reported in accordance with ISO 21930 or EN 15804. In these formats they are LEEDv4®* compliant (140+ countries) and BREEAM®** compliant (40+ countries).
Product Category Rules (PCR)
Every EPD is underpinned by relevant Product Category Rules (PCR). PCRs are a set of specific rules, requirements, and guidelines for developing environmental declarations for products that can fulfill equivalent functions. PCRs determine what information should be gathered, how that information should be evaluated, and how it should be presented in a form of environmental declaration.
The typical EPD development process under the GreenTag EPD Program includes four phases:
Phase 1: Development of a PCR
PCR for a specific product or product category is developed by Global GreenTag through the consultation process involving interested parties (industry bodies, community and NGO representatives, researchers etc.) and LCA experts. In order to promote harmonization, existing PCRs are used and adapted prior to the development of new PCRs.
Phase 2: Conducting an LCA
An LCA study is conducted according to the PCR provisions by a manufacturer or a third party (e.g. LCA consultant) to gather the necessary data, assess and evaluate environmental impacts of the product across its life span from cradle to grave (or for a limited number of life cycle stages, such as cradle to gate, if allowed by PCR). LCA for GreenTag's LCARate program are conducted by an independent third-party LCA consultancy and peer reviewed.
Phase 3: Development of the EPD
GreenTag drafts and the LCA consultant completes the draft EPD document according to the PCR requirements to present the results of that LCA, as well as other relevant environmental and technical information.
Phase 4: Verification of the EPD
The EPD is verified by Global GreenTag, to ensure that the contents conform to the requirements of the PCR, including the requirements for conducting the LCA.
The GreenTag EPD Program undertakes required Stakeholder consultation processes for PCRs developed in collaboration with the Evah Institute.
Please submit comments and questions, including requests for the GreenTag EPD Program Operation Rules, to
The stakeholder consultation response and adopted PCRs are accessible through the links below.
Find out more »
Adopted ISO 14025 PCRs:
Adopted ISO 14025 and EN 15804 PCRs:
- PCR AIN: 2021 Acoustic Insulation
- PCR TIN: 2021 Thermal Insulation
- PCR TPS:2023 Toilet Paper in Compost, Septic and Sewer Systems
EN 15804 Core PCR:
Sustainability of construction works – Environmental product declarations – Core rules for the product category of construction products
Public Consultation EN 15804 Sub-PCRs:
GreenTag EPD Program is releasing for public consultation its next set of building product PCRs developed in collaboration with Evah Institute, and inviting all interested parties for comment. The public consultation period commences on 05/06/2023 and closes on 05/07/2023, the draft PCRs are accessible through the links below. Please submit comments and questions, including requests for the GreenTag EPD Program Operation Rules, to .
Adopted EN 15804 Sub-PCRs:
- Sub PCR SS:2019 V1 Structural Steel Products
- Sub PCR FC:2019 V1 Floor Coverings
- Sub-PCR FC:2022 V1 Interior Floor Coverings V1
- Sub-PCR IC:2021 V1 Interior Room Covering Wall, Ceiling and Skirting
- Sub-PCR TEX:2022 V1 Textile
- Sub-PCR UCM:2022 V1 Unreinforced Concrete Mixtures and Concrete Additives
- Sub-PCR WNB:2023 V1 Wildlife Nesting Box
- Sub-PCR FWS:2023 V1 Filtered Water Systems
- Sub-PCR FUP:2023 V1 Furniture Products
- Sub-PCR BEC:2023 V1 Benchtops (Structural)
- Sub-PCR FIC:2023 V1 Fitted Cabinetry
- Sub-PCR 2023:SBC V1 Structural Base Shelving and Cabinetry
- Sub-PCR WCL:2023 V1 Wall and Ceiling Linings
General Program Instructions:
Global GreenTags Reviewer Qualifications for Verification Reports
Global GreenTag International EPD Program acknowledges that EPD's are intended to be used for business to business, and business to consumer communication. All EPD use must be comply with Global GreenTag's General Terms and Conditions, specifically section 15.0 on copyright. Additional rules are listed below:
- All data in the EPD is owned by the original EPD owner and the owner is usually the manufacturer or the commissioner of the EPD.EPD owners are listed on the EPD document.
- It is possible to use the data for any application provided it follows the copyright rules stated in the terms and conditions.
- There is no transfer of ownership to the user of the data from the EPD. The user is not allowed to redistribute, sell or commercialise the data for data products without written approval from Global GreenTag.
- The user of the data may only use the data as it is.
Please note that the Terms and Conditions are governed by Australian Law. For any enquires about rules of use please email
Brochure: Download File (PDF 3.1 Mb)
How will you use GreenTag?
Make your product stand out, unlock the barriers to major markets.
Get Global GreenTag certification to stand out as a leader, differentiate your product from the pack and win in the rapidly expanding green marketplace.
Create your own healthy, sustainable home, interiors and lifestyle.
Global GreenTag certified products pass the world's toughest standards to protect you, and your family's health and safety, minimise your impact on our finite planet and put the power of selection back in your hands.
Save time and money selecting products that deliver and protect your business from risk.
Find out how Global GreenTag certified products pass the worlds toughest standards for health, eco performance and safety.
Recognised by major green rating schemes, GreenTag is your one-stop certification to choose or evidence product selections.